Sunday, May 18, 2014

Quotes... May 18th



I keep my favorite quotes on a bulletin board that hangs on a wall above my computer. Cut from newspapers and magazines, some of the papers are old and tattered, filled with push-pin holes from being moved around the cork board. I have no idea why I clip and keep them...but, I do know the great feeling I get from reading them along with the tremendous respect for those who wrote them.

A few weeks ago on my Facebook page, I noted a quote from one of my favorite people in the entire world, the late great Theodor Seuss Geisel -- known to us all as Dr. Seuss

The quote was "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter, don't mind."

If you'll indulge me for a minute, I'd like to share a few of the quotes I have posted on my board. Please feel free to comment, and share your own inspirational sayings and favorite quotes (even if you're the author!).





"To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world." -- Dr. Seuss





"A person's a person no matter how small." -- Horton Hears a Who! by Dr. Seuss.




"Promise me you'll ALWAYS remember, you're BRAVER than you BELIEVER, STRONGER than you SEEM, and SMARTER than you THINK."  
-- Christopher Robin to Pooh 
               (Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milane)





"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." 
-- Mahatma Gandi




"Children are the world's most valuable resource and its best hope for the future." -- John F. Kennedy


Have a great week, Everyone!






                                                                Dr. Seuss photos c/o facebook.com/Dr.Seuss
                                                                                    Winnie the Pooh photo c/o facebook.com/WinniethePooh
                                                                                    cats, dog photo c/o  Yessenia1974 and Morguefile.com
                                                                                   children photo c/o Taliesin and Morguefile.com


8 comments:

  1. It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    George Eliot

    The love you take is equal to the love you make.
    Lennon/McCartney

    The truth is out there.
    Fox Mulder

    Those are my favorites.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome quotes...thanks so much for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Angela,
    Those were great and inspiring quotes. Here's two that I like to keep in mind:
    "Intelligence is the ability to see around corners before you get to them." Albert Einstein.

    "If you torture the data long enough, it will confess." An engineer at a telephone company. Meaning: If you run the statistics through enough analyses, they will tell you what they mean.
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ironic, Nick, that you should mention Albert Einstein. There was a show on television the other night about Einstein's brain. Thanks for visiting and sharing.

      Delete
  3. I love the quote about being the world to one person. It's easy to forget! Dr. Seuss is such a great source of deep thoughts packaged for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Seuss is a gem...his words of wisdom were written for children, but many adults would profit from his guidance. Thanks for stopping by, Patricia!

      Delete
  4. I love these quotes Angela, and I am glad you shared them. Dr. Suess is full of inspirational quotes :)

    ReplyDelete